Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Hearts.

Hello to all our friends and family. I hope everyone has a "Happy Heart" (more on that later). Well, I have so much to write about I don't know where to begin. I guess I'll just jump into it:
VACATION:
Justin and I took last week off of work to spend as a family. We painted the bathroom and mudroom. We also took care of some much needed home improvements. On Tuesday we took the kids to the MN Zoo - probably the highlight of our vacation. Both Carly and Nolan are at a great age where everything is exciting. I love seeing the world through their eyes.
Today Justin is back at work. I was sad to see him leave this morning but happy to be back into our regular routine.

CARLY:

A few months ago I was saying "good night" to Carly when she told me she was scared. I tried explaining, "It's okay sweetie, Mom and Dad are here and God is always watching over you." To which Carly responded, "I don't want that man peeking in my windows!" Needless to say the last few months we have spent trying to help her understand who God is and how he plays a roll in our lives.
I'm happy to announce Carly is really into God lately. As she ventures into the basement, to get toys with Nolan, she remind her brother, "It's okay Nolan, God is always watching over us." She is also aware God is watching when Mom and Dad are not. The other day she pushed Nolan off the couch. Neither Justin nor myself saw it but kinda had a feeling of what happened. At first Carly denied the pushing but when I told her God knew what she did she fessed up. Her comment to finally telling the truth was, "Is God's heart happy now that I told you what happened?"
Which brings me to the "Happy Heart" title. Carly is trying to figure out what makes people happy and/or sad. "Mom, I love you! Does that make your heart happy?" "Mom, if I sass you is your heart sad?" "Does it make God's heart sad when I sass you?" "Is my Dad's heart happy when I give him a hug?" "Mom!, look at me hug Nolan. It will make your heart happy!"
It seems to make Carly's heart happy to play with "Littlest Pet Shops" (shown in the picture). These are her favorite toys lately. She loves to pretend like they're sick or hurt then nurse them back to health.
In summary, Carly and I spend much of our day talking about God, playing Littlest Pet Shop and having Happy Hearts. I hope she always knows how happy she makes my heart.

NOLAN:

Oh my Nolan Emerson. I say it daily but I'll say it again... I may just eat that little fella. I'm sorry but he is so ding dang dong cute! I love this age! It's so much fun to watch him learn so much on a daily basis.
Nolan is talking up a storm. He can pretty much say whatever he wants. He's using sentences as well. He can even say, "No Cardy - you naughty!" when she takes one of his toys away. Believe it or not I hear that a couple times a day.
Nolan is still a little wild man. I constantly find myself laughing at his "boy moves". The flopping on the floor, the wide attack stance, the loud car noises, etc...I could go on and on.

We also have news that we will have a new nephew come July. Rebecca Hornblad (Justin's sister) is expecting her third boy at the end of July. We are very excited to meet Baby Ben.

I think that's about it for now. We hope everyone has Happy Hearts!

1 comment:

stacey said...

Can your kids BE any cuter? Love the happy heart and God stories. Keep them comin'.