Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


Hello Everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
Our Thanksgiving was spent at Justin's parents house. His entire family was there which always makes for a lot of excitement. It was a great time. We ate great food, had a heated Wii bowling tournament, decorated cookies, played games, went for a walk, ate more food, and ate even more food. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins.
Thanksgiving Day was fantastic but our drive home took a turn for the worst. I received a phone call that my Dad wasn't doing well.....let me back up
My Dad has gastric bypass surgery on the 25th of Nov. Post surgery he had problems with swelling, blood pressure dropping, etc... On Thanksgiving Day Dad went septic and was brought in for emergency surgery. The surgery came up "empty"... in other words they couldn't find the reasoning behind his organs starting to shut down. It was a very scary time for us. It's hard to believe something like this could suddenly happen especially when this was an elective surgery. As of today I'm happy to report Dad has come out of the ICU and is recovering slowly but surely in the St Cloud hospital. This scare made me even more thankful for family. We're so blessed to have each other.
On a lighter note... I had planned to do a collage of Thanksgiving pictures for this post. However, I have started saving my pics in the iPhoto instead of Picasa - mistake on my part as iphoto doesn't offer as options as Picasa. Anyway, I'll figure it out eventually. Until then I've included a picture of the 12 Douglas Grandkids.

1 comment:

stacey said...

I had no idea your dad was sick! I hope he's doing better, what a scare!