Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Alayna Rose Windom

For those of you who don't know Alayna Rose, she is my niece. Alayna is the 12 mo old daughter of my sister, Leah. Leah is away on business and her fiance, Dale, works early and long hours so Leah was kind enough to let us have Alayna while she's traveling. There's just one problem...I don't think I can give Alayna back.
Alayna Rose...you are the most well behaved easy going little girl. Everything and everyone gets a smile. If you fall down trying to walk, you laugh. If I hand you a new toy, you laugh. If the cat walks by, you laugh. If I look at you I get a huge toothy smile that melts my heart. I am so enjoying having time with you. As I write this you're sitting next to me laughing because the keys on my computer make a funny noise.
My kids love Alayna. Carly loves to "babysit" and nurture/mother Alayna. I thought Nolan would have a hard time with Alayna but I couldn't have been more wrong. He adores her. When Alayna woke up this morning Nolan got all his toys out and showed her how they all work. While Alayna ate breakfast Nolan stood next to the highchair holding her hand. Yes, I'm not joking here. Unfortunately when I got out the camera he ran towards it (he always does, trying to see what his picture looks like). Nolan is, however, starting to realize Alayna is a no nonsense type of lady and she'll take what she wants (GOOD FOR HER!). She has taken a few of Nolan's toys right out of his hands and he's not sure how to handle that. He has yet to take it back from her. I'm trying to stay back and let him figure out how to deal with it on his own. All in all, they are so far the best of friends.
Okay, Nolan is now up from nap so I'll list this post. La, if you're reading this please prepare yourself for a fight when you come to pick up your daughter.

No comments: