Tuesday, December 2, 2008

These kids crack me up


First - Ellie, I hope you had a great Birthday yesterday! I cannot believe you're already 11.
Second - I added the above because I see a lot of this throughout our day...Carly hugging her brother a little too tight ad Nolan trying to wiggle away.
CARLY:
This morning Carly was very sad to see her Dad go off to work. I asked her, "You know why Daddy has to work, right?". I was expecting she'd come back with something along the lines of...so we can have toys, or food, or clothes. Nope. Her answer was, "Yes, so we can live in this house. If Daddy didn't work we'd have to live with Grandma and Grandpa." I have no idea where she got all that.
Some other things Carly has been saying lately.... "Okay Mom (or Dad), I'll listen to you.", "I love Nolan that baby.", I love you Mom (or Dad)", and "You're the best Mom (or Dad)". It doesn't get much better then that. However there is another side of Carly. If things aren't going her way she'll say, "Oh Mom, it's not that big of a deal."
SIDE NOTE: Yesterday Carly went to the Dr. and we got a new antibiotic for her strep. Hopefully this one won't cause a reaction. We should be on our way to recovery.
NOLAN:
Nolan turned 18 months yesterday. I am admittedly bias but Nolan is hilarious. He has a funny, and sometimes sassy, personality. Nolan spends most of his day pushing around a chair in hopes of climbing up on something before Mama spoils his fun. I hear a lot of "No, Mama No!" as I peel him off the counter tops, take away the telephone, tell him to NOT touch the Christmas tree, etc... When he's not climbing or getting into trouble Nolan likes to show off by flopping around on the floor and making us laugh. He also loves to cuddle his Mama (he's sitting on my lap as I write this), watching wrestling (much to my dismay), and chasing Eddie, our cat, around the house. Nolan can say pretty much anything he wants to. Everyday we hear him say something new. Oh, and he LOVES "Pup Pups".
Alright, I think I got it all in. I know this post is a little random and I apologize for that but I suspect most of my posts will be this way. Since I'm not a scrapbooker this is my way of capturing all the small moments of our life.

No comments: